Monday, September 26, 2005

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

First they came for the Communists; I wasn't a Communist so I didn't speak up. Then they came for the Trade Unionists; I wasn't in a Union so I didn't speak up. Then they came for the Jews; but I was a Christian, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for the Catholics; I was a Protestant, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for me; and there was no one left to speak up". -Pastor Martin Niemöller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home